Contributed Admin Scripts (Large Installations)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Managing large WeBWorK installations often results in managing the courses and rosters on the server being difficult if one tries to do it all from the Web administration interface. As a result, there are a number of WeBWorK administration scripts that people have developed. These are included below with some minimal explanation and documentation.
- Archive and delete script: archive and delete a (list of) courses. Call as
sh archive-and-delete.sh file1 [file2..]. Provided by Hal Sadofsky, University of Oregon. archive-and-delete.sh (calls make-course-archive.pl).
- Hide courses script: hide a (list of) courses from the list of courses on the WeBWorK courses page. Call as
sh hide-courses.sh file1 [file2..]. Provided by Hal Sadofsky, University of Oregon. hide-courses.sh.
- Delete (and log) anonymous gateway/quiz assignments script: delete from the WeBWorK database gateway/quiz assignments that have been taken by practice users. Call as
wwclearAnonymous. See configuration variables section of the script. Provided by Gavin LaRose, University of Michigan. wwclearAnonymous
- Create set-definition files for all courses on a server: The script creates a def_files subdirectory containing a directory for each course with def files. You need to edit "mysql.school.edu" and "mypassword". Provided by Nandor Sieben, Northern Arizona University. archiveSetsAsDefFiles
- Show all currently active users: Provided by Nandor Sieben, Northern Arizona University. Showactive
- Create WeBWorK classlists from other CSV file formats. This script creates a WeBWorK classlists file from a given roster file format. It's most useful in conjunction with the update script, which then determines add/drop/change differences between an existing classlist file and an updated version of the roster file. Provided by Gavin LaRose, University of Michigan. Create script: cl2ww. Update script: updateRosters
- Pull scoring data from WeBWorK database. This is an edited version of the script I actually use (edited to strip out functionality that is only relevant to Michigan), and has been only minimally tested. But it should be pretty close to functioning, if it isn't already. It reads a file called
setLists.pmto figure out what sets to score;
setLists.pmdefines a datastructure
%setLists:scoreSetsCurrent = ( cNum1 => [ "list", "of", "sets" ], ...)
- Large-scale management script handling creation and updating of courses:
wwManage. Actions are selected from an interactive prompt. Provided by Gavin LaRose, University of Michigan. wwManage
Future development: admin tools framework