Forum archive 2000-2006

Jun Wang - Trouble with on-the-fly graphic problems

Jun Wang - Trouble with on-the-fly graphic problems

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicTrouble with on-the-fly graphic problems topic started 7/26/2002; 4:21:25 AM
last post 7/31/2002; 5:44:07 AM
userJun Wang - Trouble with on-the-fly graphic problems  blueArrow
7/26/2002; 4:21:25 AM (reads: 1485, responses: 3)
Hello everyone. We just installed the WeBWorK system last month and we have been checking and fixing errors. There is a strange thing about every on-the-fly graphic problem here: it does not plot curves except for the two end-points (even for constant function like y=1). There were no error messages. It appears like that the plot_functions just take the function "1 for x in [1,2]" for a function "y=1 defined at 1 and 2 only".

I did not find similiar topics in this forum. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

Jun Wang, Alabama State University

<| Post or View Comments |>

userJohn Jones - Re: Trouble with on-the-fly graphic problems  blueArrow
7/26/2002; 7:52:24 AM (reads: 1756, responses: 0)
This is a wild guess, but did everything go ok when you installed the perl module GD.pm?

I always have to install libgd first (under Slackware), and that is an adventure in itself (I can't believe that libgd's Makefile works for anyone out of the box).

John

userJun Wang - Re: Trouble with on-the-fly graphic problems  blueArrow
7/26/2002; 5:25:08 PM (reads: 1732, responses: 0)
Thanks John. I was not present when installing the GD.pm so I will check it with our system administrator. Meanwhile, if anybody could think of other possible causes, please do let me know. I will post a follw up when this problem is resolved.

Jun

userJun Wang - Re: Trouble with on-the-fly graphic problems  blueArrow
7/31/2002; 5:44:07 AM (reads: 1813, responses: 0)
John is right. The problem was with GD.pm. I am not sure how we installed GD-1.33 but now we installed GD-1.41 with gd-1.8.4. The problem is resolved now. Thanks a lot, John.