Forum archive 2000-2006

Richard M. Woodward - Cannot Create Course-No Professor Page

Richard M. Woodward - Cannot Create Course-No Professor Page

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicCannot Create Course-No Professor Page topic started 8/24/2002; 8:15:48 AM
last post 8/24/2002; 2:22:19 PM
userRichard M. Woodward - Cannot Create Course-No Professor Page  blueArrow
8/24/2002; 8:15:48 AM (reads: 869, responses: 1)
Hello, All.

Red Hat Linux 7.2 has been installed on my computer, and Bill Ziemer's script to automate the first 5 steps of "Installing WebWork on a Linux System" has been completed.

I am now in Step 6, "Creating a Course." I was able to log in as "professor" with the initial password "111-11-1111". I then changed my professor password to something more secure and logged off for the day.

When I returned the next day and logged on as professor (with the new password) I was presented with "Login Valid" on my browser screen. But only three clickable items were on the screen: Begin Problem Sets Change Password Change Email Address

The notes in "Installing Webwork on a Linux System" state in Step 6 that I should have been able to see a link for "Click Enter Professor's Page." Does anyone recognize this as a familiar situation? It looks like I am roadblocked until I can figure out how to get the Professor's page on screen. It is from that page I guess that I proceed to actually build problem sets.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks, Richard M. Woodward math@richardwoodward.com

<| Post or View Comments |>

userRichard M. Woodward - Re: Cannot Create Course-No Professor Page  blueArrow
8/24/2002; 2:22:19 PM (reads: 1110, responses: 0)
Ooops!

Sorry for my carelessness. It seems I worked too many hours before logging off and retiring for the night.

Retracing my steps, I realized I had not entered the command

setProfPermissions.pl demoCourse professor

Now I have done so, and my problem is solved. I now have the link to "Enter Professor's Page"

Regards, Richard M. Woodward math@richardwoodward.com

<| Post or View Comments |>