Forum archive 2000-2006

Michael Gage - Writing new problems

Michael Gage - Writing new problems

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicWriting new problems topic started 5/6/2003; 7:58:18 PM
last post 5/8/2003; 2:17:44 PM
userMichael Gage - Writing new problems  blueArrow
5/6/2003; 7:58:18 PM (reads: 1116, responses: 3)
I seem to remember that someone reported writing a script that would allow instructors to create simple problems by filling in the blanks on a form. Does anyone else remember this? and if so do they remember who wrote it or where it can be found?

Thanks much.

-- Mike

<| Post or View Comments |>

userMark Schmitt - Re: Writing new problems  blueArrow
5/7/2003; 9:09:27 AM (reads: 1317, responses: 1)
Mike,

I have a script that does let you make very basic problems. I thought it was on the CVS, but I couldn't locate it just now. I will repost the initial version. One of the tasks on my "to-do" list for the summer is to update it to make it more useful on the math side of things. Right now, it is more robust for humanities and problems where random numbers are not so necessary.

Mark

userMichael Gage - Re: Writing new problems  blueArrow
5/7/2003; 9:50:53 AM (reads: 1604, responses: 0)
Thanks Mark. Now that you've told me where to look I think the script may be Template.pl at

http://webwork-db.math.rochester.edu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/dcds_problib/Template.pl?cvsroot=DCDS

is that right?

How do you call it? (I realize that it may not be ready for prime time, but I thought it would be interesting for some of us to play with it a little to see how it worked.)

-- Mark

userMark Schmitt - Re: Writing new problems  blueArrow
5/8/2003; 2:17:44 PM (reads: 1397, responses: 0)
Mike,

That is the file. It is it's own cgi-script, so you just point your browser to it, fill in the form, and away you go.

Mark