Forum archive 2000-2006

Thomas Hagedorn - Setting Display Defaults in v. 1.9

Thomas Hagedorn - Setting Display Defaults in v. 1.9

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicSetting Display Defaults in v. 1.9 topic started 8/18/2003; 7:45:02 PM
last post 8/19/2003; 9:12:47 AM
userThomas Hagedorn - Setting Display Defaults in v. 1.9  blueArrow
8/18/2003; 7:45:02 PM (reads: 1053, responses: 3)
I would like to set the system wide defaults in Webwork 1.9 so that typeset2 is the default display option and that no choices for the display option are displayed to the student/professor.

Is either of these options possible? I was looking at displayMacros.pl but I only managed to reduce the choice for the student to "typeset2" and it still wasn't the defaults.

Thanks in advance, Tom

<| Post or View Comments |>

userThomas Hagedorn - Re: Setting Display Defaults in v. 1.9  blueArrow
8/18/2003; 10:41:21 PM (reads: 1261, responses: 0)
A few more hours of searching and I found the global.pm file in the system/lib folder. I changed the global default to typeset2 and reduced the choices available to students/faculty to just "typeset2".

So now the math is automatically displayed correctly and students can't click on the wrong display option. However, the choice of "Display Type" with one radio button for "typeset2" still shows up. The students can't choose anything else, so this choice doesn't have a purpose. Is there a way to eliminate this choice from showing up on the problem set pages.

Thanks, Tom

userZbigniew Fiedorowicz - Re: Setting Display Defaults in v. 1.9  blueArrow
8/19/2003; 6:44:53 AM (reads: 1246, responses: 0)
Change INPUT TYPE=RADIO to INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN

userThomas Hagedorn - Re: Setting Display Defaults in v. 1.9  blueArrow
8/19/2003; 9:12:47 AM (reads: 1268, responses: 0)
Thanksvery much. Changind the Input Type got rid of the radio button. To get rid of the printing of "Display Type: typeset2", I commented out the appropriate lines in displaymacros.pl

It all works now.

Thanks, Tom