Forum archive 2000-2006

Zbigniew Fiedorowicz - Spurious compiler warning with dvipng mode

Zbigniew Fiedorowicz - Spurious compiler warning with dvipng mode

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicSpurious compiler warning with dvipng mode topic started 8/19/2003; 9:48:54 PM
last post 8/20/2003; 7:46:26 AM
userZbigniew Fiedorowicz - Spurious compiler warning with dvipng mode  blueArrow
8/19/2003; 9:48:54 PM (reads: 929, responses: 1)
I'm getting spurious compiler warnings:

Compiler warnings:
* /usr/bin/latex fiedorow-prob3image.tex >>/dev/null 2>>/dev/null -- FAILED in ImageGenerator returned 256 at /web/webwork/system/lib//ImageGenerator.pm line 189.
##More details:
-------- ImageGenerator::render called at /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/webwork/system/cgi-scripts/processProblem8.pl line 473

when I'm editting certain problems. These problems display fine in the "Do Problem Set Environment". I only get these spurious compiler warnings when I click on "Show Editor" and then on "Refresh Problem" or "Save Updated Version". There aren't any missing images. This seems only to occur with problems which use the LaTeX picture environment.

Any ideas, John?

Zig

<| Post or View Comments |>

userZbigniew Fiedorowicz - Re: Spurious compiler warning with dvipng mode  blueArrow
8/20/2003; 7:46:26 AM (reads: 1171, responses: 0)
Never mind, John. I figured it out. It is the problem you discussed with Arnie in http://webhost.math.rochester.edu/webworkdocs/discuss/msgReader$1593#1594

Unfortunately, the fix discussed there was not implemented in the shipped version of WeBWorK 1.9.

Zig

<| Post or View Comments |>