Forum archive 2000-2006

Ben Pollina - Feedback question

Ben Pollina - Feedback question

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicFeedback question topic started 10/23/2003; 8:25:59 AM
last post 10/23/2003; 11:00:40 AM
userBen Pollina - Feedback question  blueArrow
10/23/2003; 8:25:59 AM (reads: 649, responses: 2)

We are currently using WW 1.9.  When I reply to email feedback from a student my address as well as the student's automatically appears in the "To" slot of my reply.  I use Outlook express, but I think the same thing happens with other mail programs.  Is there a way to get WW to prevent this from happening?

<| Post or View Comments |>

userArnold K. Pizer - Re: Feedback question  blueArrow
10/23/2003; 9:18:50 AM (reads: 813, responses: 0)

Hi Ben,

In the webworkCourse.ph file, edit the variable $Global::defaultReply. Set it to an empty string ($Global::defaultReply = "";) if you want. The default value (see below) is set to $Global::feedbackAddress since if several people are receiving the feedback, they will all see responses any particular person sends. Here's the explaination as it appears in webworkCourse.ph.

#  Finally, when sending bulk email to students from the sendmail page, the following
# default values are used for the From and Reply-To fields. Normally these fields
# are filled in and these default values are not used. More importanly, the
# defaultReply value is also used in the Reply-To field on feedback email which students
# can send to the feedbackAddress by hitting the feedback button. The format is the same
# as for the feedbackAddress above.
$Global::defaultFrom = $Global::feedbackAddress;
$Global::defaultReply = $Global::feedbackAddress;
Arnie

userBen Pollina - Re: Feedback question  blueArrow
10/23/2003; 11:00:40 AM (reads: 804, responses: 0)

Arnie,

Thanks.

Ben