Forum archive 2000-2006

Blake Thornton - Timing.pm

Blake Thornton - Timing.pm

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicTiming.pm topic started 10/28/2003; 5:16:45 PM
last post 10/29/2003; 10:39:55 PM
userBlake Thornton - Timing.pm  blueArrow
10/28/2003; 5:16:45 PM (reads: 665, responses: 2)

We've been trying to install Moodle to work with webwork and it seems that this module (Timing.pm) is required, but it can't be found.  We're using webwork 1.8 and there doesn't seem to be any Timing module on our system.  Any ideas on what I'm missing?

Thanks!

Blake

<| Post or View Comments |>

userArnold K. Pizer - Re: Timing.pm  blueArrow
10/29/2003; 4:14:34 PM (reads: 800, responses: 0)

I think this is a question for Zig.  There is a Timing.pm module that is distributed with WeBWorK 1.9 and since Zig has upgraded his scripts to work with WeBWorK 1.9, maybe he made use of it.  I would imagine that you can grab Timing.pm from the WeBWorK 1.9 tar fileand just use it and things should work OK.  But you really should ask Zig.

Arnie 

userZbigniew Fiedorowicz - Re: Timing.pm  blueArrow
10/29/2003; 10:39:55 PM (reads: 815, responses: 0)

Moodle doesn't use Timing.pm, nor any other Perl library for that matter -- it is written in PHP.  However, my scripts require slightly hacked versions of the WeBWorK scripts welcomeAction.pl and processProblem8.pl, which are included as part of the interface on the moodle.org downloads page.  The current versions of these scripts are derived from the ones in the WeBWorK 1.9 distribution and thus use Timing.pm.  You can do a diff between virgin 1.9 versions of welcomeAction.pl and processProblem8.pl and the hacked versions in the Moodle distribution and then incorporate the indicated changes into the 1.8 versions of these scripts -- it would amount to perhaps a dozen lines of code altogether.

[The hacks to welcomeAction.pl and processProblem8.pl make these scripts emit html comments in several strategic places, which are then used by my output filters to screen out links into the outer WeBWork user interface and replace them by links into Moodle.]

Zig