Forum archive 2000-2006

Zbigniew Fiedorowicz - Serving Mathematics Project

Zbigniew Fiedorowicz - Serving Mathematics Project

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicServing Mathematics Project topic started 8/9/2004; 12:57:15 PM
last post 8/11/2004; 7:46:50 AM
userZbigniew Fiedorowicz - Serving Mathematics Project  blueArrow
8/9/2004; 12:57:15 PM (reads: 1004, responses: 2)
I am forwarding the message below from the Moodle mathematics forum. I think it would be very worthwhile for WeBWorK to cooperate with this project.

Zig

------------------------------------------------------------------

Moodle has been chosen as the integration platform by the JISC-funded project "Serving Mathematics". This means that some fancy tools for delivering and assessing mathematics are coming to Moodle. You can find details on the project website: http://maths.york.ac.uk/serving_maths/

The project will take up its work in September and deliver its tools before next March. The project is open-source and encourages community participation. We would love to see your comments in our forums.

One of the project's tasks is to make it easier for mathematics learning and assessment systems to interoperate with each other and with the VLE. The systems currently taking part are: AiM, CABLE, METRIC and WaLLiS. It would be nice to include others like WeBWorK.

<| Post or View Comments |>

userMichael Gage - Re: Serving Mathematics Project  blueArrow
8/10/2004; 9:24:59 PM (reads: 1234, responses: 0)
Thanks for alerting us Zig. It sounds very interesting to me. I've signed up for the forum and will look at the problems of integration, if any, more closely when I get a bit of free time.

-- Mike

userZbigniew Fiedorowicz - Re: Serving Mathematics Project  blueArrow
8/11/2004; 7:46:50 AM (reads: 1235, responses: 0)
Mike,

You should visit the main page of the project at

http://maths.york.ac.uk/serving_maths/course/view.php?id=2

rather than just the introductory page.

Zig