Forum archive 2000-2006

Lars Jensen - wwk2 Set Editor/Library browser problems

Lars Jensen - wwk2 Set Editor/Library browser problems

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicwwk2 Set Editor/Library browser problems topic started 8/16/2004; 10:37:52 AM
last post 8/16/2004; 4:02:29 PM
userLars Jensen - wwk2 Set Editor/Library browser problems  blueArrow
8/16/2004; 10:37:52 AM (reads: 1215, responses: 3)
When using the Set Editor and Library browser in WWK2, I've found the following problems:

1) In the library browser, there is an option to add problems to "target Set." Under each problem it gives an option to "Add to current set." Is current set and target set the same?

2) In the library browser, I don't seem to be able to create a new set and add problems. Adding problems to an exixting set works fine.

3) There are options to add problems to sets in the library browser - there seem to be no way to delete problems from a set... How is that done?

4) In the Set Editor: When I delete a set once imported from a set definition file, manually make changes in the set definition file, re-import the set def file containing the changes, then when viewing the set in the Library browser, i still see the old set without the changes.

we run the latest stable cvs of wwk 2.0

Lars.

<| Post or View Comments |>

userMichael Gage - Re: wwk2 Set Editor/Library browser problems  blueArrow
8/16/2004; 10:48:56 AM (reads: 1491, responses: 0)
When using the Set Editor and Library browser in WWK2, I've found the following problems:

1) In the library browser, there is an option to add problems to "target Set." Under each
problem it gives an option to "Add to current set." Is current set and target set the same?

Yes they are the same.

2) In the library browser, I don't seem to be able to create a new set and add problems. 
Adding problems to an exixting set works fine.
In the third panel there is a button labeled "create a new set for this course". If you are using the 2-0-patches release of webwork (up to date) then it will also ask if you want to make this new set the target/current set

3) There are options to add problems to sets in the library browser - there seem to be no
way to delete problems from a set... How is that done?
This is done from the "Hmwk sets editor" page. The operations of picking new problems and editing existing problems in the set were separated to make the user controls less confusing. Use the links on the left to navigate back and forth between the library and the "hmwk sets editor".
4) In the Set Editor: When I delete a set once imported from a set definition file, manually 
make changes in the set definition file, re-import the set def file containing the changes,
then when viewing the set in the Library browser, i still see the old set without the
changes.
I can't seem to duplicate this behavior. Double check that the browser is not caching images. But I can't think of anything that would allow this to happen. Can you check that the set is truly deleted for all users?

-- Mike

userJohn Jones - Re: wwk2 Set Editor/Library browser problems  blueArrow
8/16/2004; 3:43:49 PM (reads: 1506, responses: 0)
Here are a few more comments.

> 1) In the library browser, there is an option to add problems to
> "target Set." Under each problem it gives an option to "Add to
> current set." Is current set and target set the same?

Yes they are the same.

This is right. They should be consistent. I lean toward "Target" instead of "Current", but I am open to other names in case someone has a better suggestion.

> 2) In the library browser, I don't seem to be able to create a new
> set and add problems.
> Adding problems to an exixting set works fine.

In the third panel there is a button labeled "create a new set for
this course". If you are using the 2-0-patches release of webwork (up
to date) then it will also ask if you want to make this new set the
target/current set

Actually, a new set created from the Library Browser always becomes the Target Set. The javascript pop-up is for whether or not you want to assign the set to yourself, which is useful if you want to see hardcopy of the set.

> 3) There are options to add problems to sets in the library browser
> - there seem to be no
> way to delete problems from a set... How is that done?

This is done from the "Hmwk sets editor" page. The operations of
picking new problems and editing existing problems in the set were
separated to make the user controls less confusing. Use the links on
the left to navigate back and forth between the library and the "hmwk
sets editor".

If you have the set as the "Target Set", then there is also a button for "Edit Target Set", which jumps you to a page where you can set dates for the set, and it has links for making further adjustments to the problems (like deleting some).

Currently, there is no link from the page where you are editting a set to jump you to the Library Browser, but there probably should be.

John

userMichael Gage - Re: wwk2 Set Editor/Library browser problems  blueArrow
8/16/2004; 4:02:29 PM (reads: 1499, responses: 0)
Currently, there is no link from the page where you are editting a set to jump you to the Library Browser, but there probably should be.

I agree. Just hasn't been done yet.

-- Mike