Forum archive 2000-2006

Blake Thornton - Is this possible in Webwork? (no scores until answer date)

Blake Thornton - Is this possible in Webwork? (no scores until answer date)

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicIs this possible in Webwork? (no scores until answer date) topic started 8/27/2004; 10:23:08 AM
last post 8/27/2004; 2:27:43 PM
userBlake Thornton - Is this possible in Webwork? (no scores until answer date)  blueArrow
8/27/2004; 10:23:08 AM (reads: 941, responses: 2)
Is it possible to not tell the student if they got the problem correct or incorrect until after the answer date?

I have an instructor who wants to use webwork to give "quizzes" before each class period using webwork, but they don't want the students to know if they got their answer correct or incorrect until after class (sort of like a reading quiz). The instructor does not want the student to know their scores until after the answer date/time.

Thanks for any help. Blake

<| Post or View Comments |>

userJohn Jones - Re: Is this possible in Webwork? (no scores until answer date)  blueArrow
8/27/2004; 1:05:30 PM (reads: 1148, responses: 0)
I don't know of a way to do this directly.

We have had a request for something like that, so I wrote a pair of modules for it - one to show the problems, and one which shows the list of problems (to supress the results there). I can add them to the general webwork system if there is sufficient interest.

The main question is really how to trigger them. The simplest way (I think) is to adopt a convention on naming of a set which will get the special treatment. For example, one could decide that set names which start "Web_Test" or "Web_Quiz" get this treatment. But then, anyone else who uses that name by accident may be surprised at what happens.

Thoughts from others?

John

userBlake Thornton - Re: Is this possible in Webwork? (no scores until answer date)  blueArrow
8/27/2004; 2:27:43 PM (reads: 1149, responses: 0)
John,

This sounds perfect! Does that mean that all that would have to happen is:

I put these modules in my /lib directory And then we name the problem set accordingly.

I don't see any problem at all for giving this setname a special name like you suggest.

How would I go about setting this up? Thanks!!