Forum archive 2000-2006

Jason Farmer - Webwork 1.9.05 Installation Problems

Jason Farmer - Webwork 1.9.05 Installation Problems

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicWebwork 1.9.05 Installation Problems topic started 9/30/2004; 5:34:57 PM
last post 10/4/2004; 10:41:13 AM
userJason Farmer - Webwork 1.9.05 Installation Problems  blueArrow
9/30/2004; 5:34:57 PM (reads: 1053, responses: 3)
Hi everyone, we are working on upgrading our current 1.8 version to 1.9.05. I have downloaded the tarball and created directories and whatnot. However, once I try to setup a course, my first problem was a missing webworkConfig.pm when I try to run the course_webwork_setup.pl script. So I thought maybe my download was corrupt. So I re-downloaded on another machine and the file was still not there. So I copied over the one from our old version of webwork, and I got through the course setup. Now I tried to run import_classlist and it says I am missing webworkInit.pm. Is there something I am missing in untarring webwork, or perhaps these files are missing in the orginal tarballs?

After looking through the installation documentation as well, I do not see any special instructions regarding these files in any of the documenation.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Here is an example of the error I'm getting: webwork @ /home/webwork2/webwork/courses/jfarmer-demo-v1_9 > /home/webwork2/webwork/system_1.9_05/scripts/import_classlist-database.pl Can't locate webworkInit.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/webwork2/webwork/system_1.9_05/scripts

So I try to look for it: webwork @ /home/webwork2/webwork/system_1.9_05/cgi > ls -l webworkInit.pm webworkInit.pm: No such file or directory

<| Post or View Comments |>

userArnold K. Pizer - Re: Webwork 1.9.05 Installation Problems  blueArrow
9/30/2004; 7:48:58 PM (reads: 1300, responses: 0)
Hi Jason,

It sounds like you forgot to run the system_webwork_setup.pl script.

Arnie

userJason Farmer - Re: Webwork 1.9.05 Installation Problems  blueArrow
10/2/2004; 4:01:01 PM (reads: 1278, responses: 0)
Hi Arnie, Thanks for the reply!

It has been a while since I have done a Webwork install and I appreciate your help. It took me some more work and re-familiarlization with the webwork setup and I finally got it.

Thanks again for your help.

userArnold K. Pizer - Re: Webwork 1.9.05 Installation Problems  blueArrow
10/4/2004; 10:41:13 AM (reads: 1262, responses: 0)
Your'e welcome Jason.

Note that the one bug in 1.9.05 that we know about has to do with the log( ) function. The fix is easy --- see http://webhost.math.rochester.edu/webworkdocs/discuss/msgReader$2783

Arnie