Forum archive 2000-2006

john - Uploading a class list from Excel

john - Uploading a class list from Excel

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicUploading a class list from Excel topic started 1/15/2005; 1:36:12 PM
last post 1/15/2005; 1:51:57 PM
userjohn - Uploading a class list from Excel  blueArrow
1/15/2005; 1:36:12 PM (reads: 788, responses: 1)
I have my class list produced in excel. I have it svaed with extension ".1st.csv". Its not allowing simply ".1st". Hopefully this will not be a problem. According to the instruction in "one day in the ife of a professor using webwork", I am to upload this file using a "File Transfer Page" found on the left panel. I am finding no link to such a page. I cannot take the next step of using the class list editor to add the students without uploading first. Somebody please help me. John

<| Post or View Comments |>

userMichael Gage - Re: Uploading a class list from Excel  blueArrow
1/15/2005; 1:51:57 PM (reads: 1039, responses: 0)
HI John,

First the ending is .lst (that is ell ess tee) It's easy to confuse the lower case L with a one.

To upload a classlist file use the File Manager, which is the upgraded replacement for the File Transfer module. You need to make sure that classlist files and set definition files are placed in the "templates" directory.

Once the file is uploaded you can rename it so that it ends in .lst using the File Manager module. You will need to do this or the import mechanism won't know that it is a class list file.

--Mike

<| Post or View Comments |>