Forum archive 2000-2006

Carl F. Letsche - THe Dartmouth discussion server

Carl F. Letsche - THe Dartmouth discussion server

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicTHe Dartmouth discussion server topic started 2/16/2005; 3:18:53 PM
last post 2/16/2005; 5:17:02 PM
userCarl F. Letsche - THe Dartmouth discussion server  blueArrow
2/16/2005; 3:18:53 PM (reads: 935, responses: 2)
I know this is a little (ok, a lot) off topic, but... It's been well over a month since I've recieved the e-mail versions of these postings through Dartmouth. Is anyone else having this problem?

Carl

<| Post or View Comments |>

userMichael Gage - Re: THe Dartmouth discussion server  blueArrow
2/16/2005; 3:40:10 PM (reads: 1143, responses: 0)
It's the fault of our server at Rochester, not Dartmouth.

I had to rebuild the server a few weeks ago and the part that forwards mail through Dartmouth hasn't been rebuilt yet. Maybe this weekend. ....

-- Mike

userMichael Gage - Re: THe Dartmouth discussion server  blueArrow
2/16/2005; 5:17:02 PM (reads: 1183, responses: 0)
The Frontier server started hanging on a regular basis several weeks ago and I had to rebuild it under a deadline-- so far I haven't added in whatever part was causing the problem. :-) But there may still be functions of the original that I've forgotten about and haven't added back in or turned back on.

Anyway I finally found the subroutine that pulls out new posts and sends them off to the Dartmouth server -- and I think I have it working as of about an hour ago.

I'm afraid that the posts of the last month won't be forwarded, but you can use the calendar to search through them on this site.

With luck the email service should start up again sometime this evening.

-- Mike