Forum archive 2000-2006

Susan Diesel - Are you interested in being a webwork implementation mentor?

Susan Diesel - Are you interested in being a webwork implementation mentor?

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicAre you interested in being a webwork implementation mentor? topic started 4/5/2005; 1:47:31 PM
last post 4/15/2005; 1:24:03 PM
userSusan Diesel - Are you interested in being a webwork implementation mentor?  blueArrow
4/5/2005; 1:47:31 PM (reads: 1105, responses: 2)
I have been using WeBWorK for the past several years, at Dartmouth and with a course hosted by U. of Rochester. We are now now planning to implement webwork here at Norwich University. My IT department has asked if I can find someone who would be willing to help us through the implementation (I am good at the front end stuff, not the hardware and operating system end of things). If you have recently installed a system and would like to pass on your hard-earned knowledge, please let me know.

Thanks very much.

Susan Diesel sdiesel@norwich.edu

<| Post or View Comments |>

userDavide P. Cervone - Re: Are you interested in being a webwork implementation mentor?  blueArrow
4/14/2005; 7:49:40 AM (reads: 1322, responses: 0)
I see that you haven't had any response to this request. It might help if you could say what type of hardware/operating system combination you were planning to use. The issues can be very different for different architectures, so your mentor would need to be familiar with the platform you will be using.

There are pretty explicit instructions for installing WW2 on Mac OS X at http://webhost.math.rochester.edu/webworkdocs/discuss/msgReader$3190 which might help if that is what you will be using. Otherwise, I hope someone else is able to give you some assistance.

Davide

userMichael Gage - Re: Are you interested in being a webwork implementation mentor?  blueArrow
4/15/2005; 1:24:03 PM (reads: 1326, responses: 0)
There are reasonable instructions for setting up a server in the Webwork 2 distribution and on the WeBWork2 Twiki (http://devel.webwork.rochester.edu/twiki/bin/view/Webwork/WeBWorKRelease2pt1pt2).

Most of the hard part is setting up the apache server using mod_perl and adding in the CPAN modules and the TeX installation. Your IT people may be familiar with this aspect of the setup in which case getting WeBWorK running will be pretty easy. There are only a few configuration lines for WeBWorK itself.

-- Mike