This release has a number of incremental improvements to the Instructor
functionality and to the PG language. We are releasing these
improvements in preparation to making some larger changes involving the
database. These changes have been placed in the
rel-2-1-patches version in the CVS. Those using WeBWorK for active courses or who otherwise need a stable code base should use
wwcvs update -r rel-2-1-patches webwork2
in order to fix their local code to safe changes that are placed in the patches branch.
Remember to check any changes to
webwork.apache-config (and possibly to
If you are not actively using WeBWorK in courses it's probably safe to use
wwcvs update -A -d webwork2
from time to time to get the latest speed and functionality updates. It will
give you an idea of what will be available next year, a chance to comment on
changes you would like, and will give us help in finding any residual bugs.
The same advice goes for updating the pg module. The risk in using the newest code
is even less in that case.
See http://devel.webwork.rochester.edu/twiki/bin/view/Webwork/WeBWorKRelease2pt1pt3 for details.
There are also tarballs of release 2.1.3 available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/openwebwork/
Here are the changes:
- Site wide message on login page (in webwork2/htdocs/site_info.txt)
- New sorting options on Instructor pages. All sorts are now case insensitive.
- Ability to change password on "Classlist editor" page as well a "Instructor Tools" page
- Reformatted scoring files
- Minor changes in navigation links
- import/export of courses is now made to gzipped files in the templates directory
- rather than being downloaded directly to the administrators machine. This is
- still very slow, but it avoids the problem of browser timeouts.
- Answer strings are base64 encoded to protect against problems of illegal characters
- in answers.
- There is a big speed increase on using the "Set Assigner" page
- Hosted courses can be renamed
- Davide Cervone has contributed a number of additions to the PG capabilities. One related to the
webwork2 code base allows macro files to be located in directories specified in
global.conf. It is also possible to specify subdirectories: e.g.
Posted by Michael Gage on 6/10/05; 4:01:55 PM
from the dept.