Forum archive 2000-2006

Michael Gage - New Problem Library from Northern Arizona University

Michael Gage - New Problem Library from Northern Arizona University

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicNew Problem Library from Northern Arizona University topic started 7/6/2005; 9:55:42 PM
last post 8/25/2005; 4:45:52 PM
userMichael Gage - New Problem Library from Northern Arizona University  blueArrow
7/6/2005; 9:55:42 PM (reads: 9689, responses: 3)
New Problem Library from Northern Arizona University
The Northern Arizona University Library has new problems for graph theory, for statistics and for pre-calculus. Their setExamples cleans up some of the problems in Rochester Library's setMAAtutorial and adds several more. It is good place to look for examples of how to write problems. However it does not use any of Davide Cervone's Parser objects. The only places to find the Paarser objects in use at the moment are in some of the Union College problems.
Posted by Michael Gage on 7/6/05; 9:58:16 PM
from the dept.

<| Post or View Comments |>

userKenneth Appel - Re: New Problem Library from Northern Arizona University  blueArrow
8/23/2005; 4:29:39 PM (reads: 3779, responses: 0)
I greatly appreciated the Northern Arizona Library since it has some different and interesting problems. However we were not able to find one of the macro files even though we did locate many others.

|Can't locate macro file |PGnauStats.pl| via path: |.|, |/opt/webwork2/courses/advert/templates/macros|, |/opt/pg/macros|, |/opt/webwork2/libraries/union_problib/macros| at line 265 of (eval 1086) Died within main::loadMacros called at line 15 of [TMPL]/nau_problib/setStatistics/BoxPlotPercentBetween|

kenappel@comcast.net

userNandor Sieben - Re: New Problem Library from Northern Arizona University  blueArrow
8/24/2005; 11:00:06 PM (reads: 3722, responses: 0)
I checked the CVS and PGnauStats.pl is there in the macros directory. Try to check if you you got this directory from the CVS.

I tried to update the nau CVS repository but this causes me a lot of headache. I don't know how but I somehow duplicated most of the directories in the setStatistics directory. I think I accidentally copied these directories locally into setStatistics and then I did a cvs add *. I can't remove these directories from the CVS. Strangely cvs add * doesn't work in the nau_problib directory. I am very confused about the whole thing, I think there is a good chance that I am updating some of the files but not the others. The whole thing is a little bit of a mess. What is the command I need to do in the my local nau_problib directory that makes the cvs repository the same as my local directory structure?

Nandor

userNandor Sieben - Re: New Problem Library from Northern Arizona University  blueArrow
8/25/2005; 4:45:52 PM (reads: 3692, responses: 0)
Look in the sets directory for problem sets. It has the latest versions of the pg files. Let me know if these versions still have this problem. Nandor