Forum archive 2000-2006

Peter Hein - Can't view/see problems

Peter Hein - Can't view/see problems

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicCan't view/see problems topic started 7/26/2005; 8:33:50 AM
last post 7/26/2005; 7:53:13 PM
userPeter Hein - Can't view/see problems  blueArrow
7/26/2005; 8:33:50 AM (reads: 731, responses: 1)
First, thanks to everyone and their help so far!!! Everyone has been very helpful.

I have the system up, checked, problem set installed, and the prof is creating a course. I stopped by his office yesterday and when he goes to view the problems before adding them to his course (or just to look at them), nothing show up on screen. You can select image, jpg, text, etc, but nothing comes up on the screen.

I have checked that I have all the parts installed, and the script says that all is fine. I checked the logs and don't see any obvious errors.

The one thing I did notice, when he showed me his current course at Rochester, is that at Rochester his link to rochesterlibrary@ has an @ symbol at the end. When I look at my setup for him, there is no @ symbol at the end of his symbolic link to the library. This is in the templates directory in his course. Not being a UNIX guru, I am not sure if this indicitive of Mac OS X or other OSes or if I created something wrong.

Can anyone point me to a direction I should be looking or where to look? I figured if all is installed and there are no errors logged it *should* work.

Again TIA -Peter

<| Post or View Comments |>

userJohn Jones - Re: Can't view/see problems  blueArrow
7/26/2005; 7:53:13 PM (reads: 974, responses: 0)
Depending on how your login shell is configured, an @ symbol may be added after the name of symbolic links (and * for executable files, / for directories, etc.). So, that sounds normal.

By viewing problems before adding them to his course, do you mean that he is in the Library Browser and trying to browse for some problems? If so, is he getting boxes where the problems should be but nothing in the boxes, or that the web page is completely blank?

John

<| Post or View Comments |>