Forum archive 2000-2006

Jeff Denny - Error when generating PDF with correct answers only

Jeff Denny - Error when generating PDF with correct answers only

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicError when generating PDF with correct answers only topic started 7/28/2005; 10:22:33 AM
last post 7/29/2005; 10:09:00 PM
userJeff Denny - Error when generating PDF with correct answers only  blueArrow
7/28/2005; 10:22:33 AM (reads: 889, responses: 3)
We are getting our new installation of WebWork 2.1 running here, as you can tell by the number of my postings.

One problem is that, when I attempt to generate at PDF with correct answers, I get the following error:

HASH(0xa1264b4)

My sys admin and I have no idea how to interpret this. We are using the most recent distribution of Red Hat Enterprise 4.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

<| Post or View Comments |>

userMichael Gage - Re: Error when generating PDF with correct answers only  blueArrow
7/28/2005; 10:39:56 AM (reads: 1113, responses: 1)
This is probably a WeBWorK bug about generating the answers. HASH indicates that one of the answers is not being dereferenced. I'm seeing the same problem here as well. I'll make sure it gets added to the bug list.

It shouldn't be too hard to fix.

userBob Byerly - Re: Error when generating PDF with correct answers only  blueArrow
7/28/2005; 10:59:33 AM (reads: 1352, responses: 0)
I was getting a similar error some time back. One of the further messages on the error page said something about timezone (as I recall.) I went into the global.conf file and set the timezone explicitly, e.g.,
$siteDefaults{timezone} = "America/Chicago";
and that fixed the problem. (Comments in the global.conf file say that the system timezone will be used if the timezone is left blank, but that didn't work for me.)

userJeff Denny - Re: Error when generating PDF with correct answers only  blueArrow
7/29/2005; 10:09:00 PM (reads: 1106, responses: 0)
Bob,

Thank you for your advice! That fixed the problem!

Jeff