Forum archive 2000-2006

Gavin LaRose - updating course rosters, assigning sets

Gavin LaRose - updating course rosters, assigning sets

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicupdating course rosters, assigning sets topic started 9/8/2005; 3:32:09 PM
last post 9/8/2005; 3:32:09 PM
userGavin LaRose - updating course rosters, assigning sets  blueArrow
9/8/2005; 3:32:09 PM (reads: 260, responses: 0)
Hi all,

It seems as if there ought to be an easy way to do this, but I can't find it. For the first week or so in a term, every day or so I generate a new roster for the courses that I have using the web homework so that students who add the course are added to the WeBWorK assignments.

However, after adding them, I need to assign all the sets to them. Is there any easy way of doing this? The only thing that I can come up with is assigning all sets to all students, letting those who already are assigned drop through, but with 14 sets and 800 students that takes a while. It seems it would make better sense to just be able to make the assignments to the (10-20) students that I added, but I can't see any way to do that.

If selecting the students in the classlist editor and going to the SetAssigner resulted in the selection of the same students there, it would be easy, but that obviously doesn't occur (that is, I don't think it does; I actually haven't tried).

Any comments, suggestions or corrections?

Thanks, Gavin

<| Post or View Comments |>