WeBWorK Main Forum

Problem generating images

Problem generating images

by Robin Cruz -
Number of replies: 3

I am getting the following error today for problems in several courses.  The  problems were working without this error yesterday. 

I cleared out the tmp directories in the html folder for each course and restarted Apache, but the problem remains.  We have the display set for "images".  If I change it to "jsmath", the problem works fine (no error message as above), but now the graphs (which are generated by the problem) do not appear -- an empty box with a "close button" shows up where the graph should be.

--rac

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error messages

Failed to create directory /opt/webwork/webwork2/tmp/ImageGenerator.HAo1ifAi:
No space left on device at /opt/webwork/pg/lib/WeBWorK/PG/ImageGenerator.pm line 73.

Call stack

The information below can help locate the source of the problem.

• in WeBWorK::PG::Local::new called at line 52 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/PG.pm
  • in WeBWorK::PG::new called at line 598 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Problem.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Problem::pre_header_initialize called at line 175 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::go called at line 353 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK.pm

Request information

Method POST
URI /webwork2/MAT105_01_F08/Chapter05_Section03/9/
HTTP Headers
User-Agent Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30)
Accept image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-shockwave-flash, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, application/xaml+xml, application/vnd.ms-xpsdocument, application/x-ms-xbap, application/x-ms-application, */*
Connection Keep-Alive
Referer http://docralph.collegeofidaho.edu/webwork2/MAT105_01_F08/Chapter05_Section03/9/?effectiveUser=rcruz&displayMode=jsMath&showOldAnswers=1&user=rcruz&key=iexyEUZkj47D02mi4pWctFjnDQ7DuqRg
UA-CPU x86
Content-Length 910
Cache-Control no-cache
Accept-Encoding gzip, deflate
Content-Type multipart/form-data; boundary=---------------------------7d8265d204c0
Cookie __utma=33027372.834773550.1198252694.1227632126.1227632489.485; __utmz=33027372.1215465490.248.1.utmccn=(direct)|utmcsr=(direct)|utmcmd=(none); __utmc=33027372; jsMath=font%3Asymbol%2Cwarn%3A0
Accept-Language en-us
Host docralph.collegeofidaho.edu

In reply to Robin Cruz

Re: Problem generating images

by Michael Gage -
Hi Robin,

The directory below is the one that is probably full:

/opt/webwork/webwork2/tmp/

You can also use the script webwork2/bin/remove_stale_images.pl to

remove unnecessary equation images in a more controlled way. There are instructions at the top of this script which you can also view via the POD documentation below.

(see http://webwork.maa.org/doc/cvs/webwork2_CURRENT/bin/remove_stale_images.html )

Hope this helps.

-- Mike

In reply to Michael Gage

by Robin Cruz -

Thanks, Mike -- Everything is working again after removing those tmp files.

--rac

In reply to Robin Cruz

by Raghu Gompa -
Dear Robin and Mike,

I do not have access to unix account so that I could run .pl file. How does one remove these stale images from the WeBWorK website? Please let me know. Thanks. .. Raghu