Forum archive 2000-2006

Jun Wang - "File Manager" bug? in WeBWorK2.2

Jun Wang - "File Manager" bug? in WeBWorK2.2

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopic"File Manager" bug? in WeBWorK2.2 topic started 5/19/2006; 11:56:35 AM
last post 5/19/2006; 2:21:17 PM
userJun Wang - "File Manager" bug? in WeBWorK2.2  blueArrow
5/19/2006; 11:56:35 AM (reads: 523, responses: 3)
Hi,

We are using WeBWorK 2.2 and recently I was told by one of our Instructors that one could not "save" after editing a file from the "File Manager" page. When editing window appears, there are only three buttons left at the bottom: "Cancel", "Revert", and "Save as". The "Save" button fails to show up. I kind of remember that I used a "Save" button at the right side bottom to edit my own courses, but now it does show up for every course on our system. Is there a bug or I am wrong and there never was such a button? Thanks.

Jun

<| Post or View Comments |>

userMichael Gage - Re:  blueArrow
5/19/2006; 1:26:00 PM (reads: 649, responses: 0)
I see the save button on the lower right hand side on the version of File Manager I'm using (file verison is either 1.16.2.2 for version WW2.2 or version 1.18 for HEAD, the latest version in the CVS).

userJun Wang - Re:  blueArrow
5/19/2006; 2:13:38 PM (reads: 646, responses: 0)
Mike,

I now also see the "Save" button from my personal computer at home. It must have been caused by the (screen resolution) window size we used in school.

Thanks and sorry for the false alarm.

Jun.

userArnold K. Pizer - Re:  blueArrow
5/19/2006; 2:21:17 PM (reads: 647, responses: 0)
It might be the case that the "Save" button was scrolled off the page. In my version of MSIE, you can narrow the page and hide the "Save" button without a "scroll" bar appearing. If you narrow still further, you get a "scroll" bar.

I think it would be better to order the buttons:
"Cancel", "Revert", "Save", "Save as"

Arnie