WeBWorK Main Forum

Deleting a problem from active assignment

Deleting a problem from active assignment

by Margaret Morrow -
Number of replies: 3

Hi!

I have a problem in an assignment (already active for students) that is creating difficulty; it involves reading a value from a graph, and for some students it seems to be rejecting values like 4, claiming the answer is something like 3.999999.

I need advice about how to fix the score for students being affected like this - I see no way to override the give score?  Or, will it work at this stage simply to delete the problem from the set, or will that mess the grades of students who have already completed the assignment?  Any other way of dealing with this?

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Margaret

In reply to Margaret Morrow

Re: Deleting a problem from active assignment

by Raghu Gompa -
Dear Margaret,

You could go to the edit the problem set page (you will see page similar to the one copied below) and check to mark it correct and save. It will give full credit for every student for this problem.

Hope this helps.

.. Raghu
Problems Data Display Mode: plainText formattedText images jsMath asciimath LaTeXMathML None
1 2 3 4 5
Edit it
Try it
Delete it?
Mark Correct?

Weight

Max attempts

Source File

In reply to Raghu Gompa

by Margaret Morrow -

Thanks!  That was very helpful.      

In reply to Margaret Morrow

by Michael Gage -
Raghu's advice is correct.

It is better to give credit for a problem rather than delete it once students start working on a homework set. Deleting a question from a homework set potentially changes all of the later question numbers which causes confusion in grading. (This can't be fixed without a major overhaul of the database design sad-- so for now-- once a homework set is being used don't delete any questions from it.)

--Mike