Forum archive 2000-2006

Andras Balogh - WebCT connection

Andras Balogh - WebCT connection

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicWebCT connection topic started 11/13/2006; 2:21:01 AM
last post 11/18/2006; 9:13:49 PM
userAndras Balogh - WebCT connection  blueArrow
11/13/2006; 2:21:01 AM (reads: 184, responses: 3)
Is there a way to connect feedback from WeBWorK 2 to WebCT?

There is note in the WeBWorKdocs from 2001 about WeBWorK-WebCT integration along with detailed description at https://webwork.math.ohio-state.edu/examples/webct.txt (It amazes me that the file is still there after 5 years)

Unfortunately that method does not work in version 2 of WeBWorK, simply because HTMLGlue.pl does not exist anymore. I could not even find anything similar to that file.

Andras

<| Post or View Comments |>

userSam Hathaway - Re: WebCT connection  blueArrow
11/13/2006; 11:22:02 AM (reads: 213, responses: 0)
I just added the ability to replace the feedback button with a link to an arbitrary URL. This should be sufficient for linking to WebCT. The changes are in HEAD right now, but since they're fairly non-invasive, they should make their way into rel-2-3-dev within a couple of days.

userSam Hathaway - Re: WebCT connection  blueArrow
11/13/2006; 1:17:49 PM (reads: 218, responses: 0)
I just backported the change into rel-2-3-dev. There are two new variables in global.conf.dist that relate to this change.

The first is $courseURLs{feedbackURL} which, if set, causes the feedback button to be replaced with a link to the given URL. If you set this, make sure you also change $feedback_button_name, since "Email instructor" won't make sense.

The second is $feedback_button_name which controls the name of the feedback button (or link, if $courseURLs{feedbackURL} is set).

To upgrade to the latest rel-2-3-dev, run cvs -q up -dP -rrel-2-3-dev in both your webwork2 and pg directories. (This change doesn't affect PG, but you'll also be pulling in several other bugfixes, and some of them require changes in PG.) Don't forget to restart Apache after updating.

This change will be included in the upcoming 2.3.1 release.

userAndras Balogh - Re: WebCT connection  blueArrow
11/18/2006; 9:13:49 PM (reads: 177, responses: 0)
Thank you!