Forum archive 2000-2006

Rodrique Heron - Can't log in as admin after migrating to a new server

Rodrique Heron - Can't log in as admin after migrating to a new server

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicCan't log in as admin after migrating to a new server topic started 11/16/2006; 1:55:58 PM
last post 11/17/2006; 1:18:07 PM
userRodrique Heron - Can't log in as admin after migrating to a new server  blueArrow
11/16/2006; 1:55:58 PM (reads: 134, responses: 4)
I moved my WebWork installation to a new server and now I can't log to the course administration or any course as the admin user. I am getting incorrect username and password error. How can I resolve this issue ?

I moved my installation by:

R-syncing my webworks installation from the old server to the new server. Then I dump the database and import into the new server.

I kept the software version numbers the same, so I am running the same version of mysql and apache with the latest updates.

<| Post or View Comments |>

userSam Hathaway - Re: Can't log in as admin after migrating to a new server  blueArrow
11/17/2006; 11:14:32 AM (reads: 153, responses: 0)
The only thing I can think of here is some kind of crypt change, which would cause the passwords to not match. Even that is unlikely unless you've changed operating system versions.

Are there any errors in the Apache error log or the course's login log?

userRodrique Heron - Re: Can't log in as admin after migrating to a new server  blueArrow
11/17/2006; 11:26:23 AM (reads: 150, responses: 0)
I changed operating system version, how can I reset the admin password ? No errors in Apache logs, when I try to login.

userMichael Gage - Re: Can't log in as admin after migrating to a new server  blueArrow
11/17/2006; 12:02:11 PM (reads: 148, responses: 0)
In the directory ..../webwork2/bin there is a script called newpassword, which needs to be run from the comand line and will reset the password for any user.

typing

newpassword

will give the syntax. If you need more explanation, the script itself describes how it is to be used.

Hope this helps

-- Mike

userRodrique Heron - Re: Can't log in as admin after migrating to a new server  blueArrow
11/17/2006; 1:18:07 PM (reads: 141, responses: 0)
Thanks, that did the trick. I also had to run the command for every course. I wonder why the crypt changed ?