Forum archive 2000-2006

Miao Ye - Table 'webwork.depths' doesn't exist

Miao Ye - Table 'webwork.depths' doesn't exist

by Arnold Pizer -
Number of replies: 0
inactiveTopicTable 'webwork.depths' doesn't exist topic started 11/17/2006; 12:35:47 AM
last post 11/17/2006; 11:11:54 AM
userMiao Ye - Table 'webwork.depths' doesn't exist  blueArrow
11/17/2006; 12:35:47 AM (reads: 131, responses: 3)
Please help me to fix this problem:

[1] WebWork2.3.0 (dvipng 1.5; /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/preview/preview.sty)

[2] After I use the "images" display, it gave me error:

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'webwork.depths' doesn't exist at /opt/webwork/pg/lib/WeBWorK/PG/ImageGenerator.pm line 438. DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'webwork.depths' doesn't exist at /opt/webwork/pg/lib/WeBWorK/PG/ImageGenerator.pm line 438. DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'webwork.depths' doesn't exist at /opt/webwork/pg/lib/WeBWorK/PG/ImageGenerator.pm line 438

Error messages Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /opt/webwork/pg/lib/WeBWorK/PG/ImageGenerator.pm line 434.

Request information Method POST URI /webwork2/mytestcourse/instructor/setmaker/ HTTP Headers User-Agent Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; YPC 3.2.0; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; yplus 5.1.02b) Accept image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-shockwave-flash, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, */* Connection Keep-Alive Referer http://147.126.65.147/webwork2/mytestcourse/instructor/setmaker/ Content-Length 1899 Accept-Encoding gzip, deflate Cache-Control no-cache Content-Type multipart/form-data; boundary=---------------------------7d636128630900 Accept-Language en-us,zh-cn;q=0.7,zh;q=0.3

<| Post or View Comments |>

userGavin LaRose - Re: Table 'webwork.depths' doesn't exist  blueArrow
11/17/2006; 8:13:59 AM (reads: 157, responses: 0)
Hi Miao,

I believe this is because it's possible to have the baseline alignment of dvipng images stored in a mysql database table. To avoid this (and therefore get rid of the error), you can set the alignment in the webwork global.conf file. Look for the lines

$pg{displayModeOptions}{images} = {
# Determines the method used to align images in output. Can be
# "baseline", "absmiddle", or "mysql".
dvipng_align => 'baseline',

and make sure that dvipng_align is set to something other than mysql.

I think the other solution is to set up the table in the database, but in that I use dvipng rarely at this point I didn't bother with that.

Gavin

userMiao Ye - Re: Table 'webwork.depths' doesn't exist  blueArrow
11/17/2006; 8:46:29 AM (reads: 154, responses: 0)
Hi, Gavin,

Thank you. I changed it to 'baseline'. It is working.

--Miao

userSam Hathaway - Re: Table 'webwork.depths' doesn't exist  blueArrow
11/17/2006; 11:11:54 AM (reads: 156, responses: 0)
Miao,

I'm curious as to why the depths table doesn't exist in your webwork database. It should have been created automatically during the installation process. Did you upgrade from an earlier version of WeBWorK, or was this a new installation? Did you run the wwdb_upgrade script, as detailed in the section Automated database initialization and upgrade of the installation manual?

Thanks for your help.
-sam