Miscellaneous

WeBWorK hosting

WeBWorK hosting

by Curtis Card -
Number of replies: 1

Several years ago, I read on the WeBWorK website that you offered WeBWorK hosting.  Is this still available? 

I've been hosting WeBWorK on our math department server, but we are a small department with only 6 full time faculty and since the University only supports Microsoft, I've had to perform all the routine maintenance on our server.  This year I took over the position as Department Chair.   Consequently, keeping up to date with all the security issues that our computer center requires has become a real chore.  In addition,  since upgrading to WeBWorK 2.3.2 this past summer, I frequently have memory problems with the Apache server.  I've tried several of the suggestions from the forums, but our server still will periodically locks-up, invariably after hours, which requires me to make a trip to campus to restart the server.  
    Currently, I am the only faculty member using WeBWorK and I typically have fewer than 60 students in 3 courses per semester.   If hosting is still available, who do I contact about moving my courses to the new site?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
Curtis Card
Black Hills State University
Spearfish, SD 57799
In reply to Curtis Card

Re: WeBWorK hosting

by Arnold Pizer -
Hi Curtis,

Sorry this has gone unanswered for so long. We still do provide WeBWorK hosting. Contact Mike Gage (gage@math.rochester.edu) or Arnie Pizer (apizer@math.rochester.edu)