There will be several WeBWorK related events at the Joint Mathematics Meeting in New Orleans.
and most importantly
- WeBWorK minicourse #6, Saturday, Jan 6, 1 -3 pm and Monday, Jan 8, 3:30-5:30 pm
- Poster sessions: Saturday, Jan 6, 2 - 4 pm -- two WeBWorK projects (869 and 870)
- "MAA Committee on Technologies in Mathematics Education Panel Discussion", Sat., Jan 6, 2:30 -- 3:50pm
- "Assessing Student Performance in College Algebra with
WeBWorK" -- Albert Candel, CSUN and Juana Sanchez, UCLA -- Mon, Jan 8,
- "Using WeBWorK to foster reading.", George R. Exner, Bucknell University -- Mon, Jan 8, 1:45pm (1774)
The semi-annual WeBWorK Symposium*
Saturday Jan 6, from 5:30 to 7:30 or later at some convenient pub, bar and grill, or other eatery.
We expect to meet at 5pm near the message boards to walk to the establishment.
We will post the location on the message board under WeBWorK on the message board
as soon as we find somewhere appropriate.
All WeBWorKers and other interested persons invited.
" a drinking party or convivial discussion, esp. as held in ancient
Greece after a banquet (and notable as the title of a work by Plato)"
Origin: late 16th cent. (denoting a drinking party) via Latin from
Greek... -- from the Oxford American Dictionaries. It's true that it's
now the second definition, but the Greeks were first and it was their
Posted by Michael Gage on 1/3/07; 9:20:12 PM
from the dept.