WeBWorK Main Forum

Bug in file system?

Bug in file system?

by joel robbin -
Number of replies: 2
One of the problems from the problem library has a bug. I modifiy the problem to remove the bug. I save the corrected version to templates/hw13/probX2.pg. I look on the server. The corrected version is there. I sign on to WW as me and look at the problem with the WW editor. The corrected version is there. Using instructor tools, I act as the student who found the bug. The original (uncorrected) version is there, but the editor tells me I am looking at the file in templates/hw13/probX2.pg. I click the "stop acting" button and the corrected version appears.

What to do?
In reply to joel robbin

Re: Bug in file system?

by Danny Glin -
Have you tried editing the set for that specific student (From the Classlist editor, click on the Assigned Sets for the user in question, then click on the link for the relevant set)? I have seen instances where Webwork fills in override values in here which are identical to the global values. If the Source File is filled in on this screen, then the student will always see whatever file is indicated there rather than the filename provided in the Homework Set Editor.
Of course this wouldn't explain why the wrong file would come up in the editor..
In reply to joel robbin

Re: Bug in file system?

by Davide Cervone -
The PG editor keeps your last edited copy of a problem (in templates/tmpEdit) and will show you that the next time you edit a problem, even though it may not be the active copy. Perhaps you are seeing that instead of the "real" copy? If there is a 'revert' option available on the editor page, then that indicates that it is using a temporary copy and not the actual copy. In that case, you may need to save the edited copy permanently.

Davide