WeBWorK Main Forum

Reorder homework sets?

Reorder homework sets?

by Ted Cox -
Number of replies: 2
Is it possible to change the order in which homework sets are listed? And if not, what is the algorithm that is used? That is, in a given course, when "Homework Sets" is chosen from the main menu, homework sets are listed in some order. Can the instructor change the order of appearance?

Thanks,
Ted Cox
In reply to Ted Cox

Re: Reorder homework sets?

by Bruce Yoshiwara -
I've been able to specify the order by putting the due dates (and time up to the minute) in the correct order. I believe that the time the assignment becomes available would be a secondary level of sorting.
In reply to Bruce Yoshiwara

Re: Reorder homework sets?

by Brian Camp -
Sometimes even putting the due dates in the correct order may not be enough. I have some classes where I want to give several assignments that have the same exact due date. At first I thought that these assignments would be sorted alphabetically by their title but this doesn't seem to be the case.

After some tinkering I think the first level of sorting of assignments (after whether an assignment is opened or closed) is the date/time at which they open. So in my case when I have several assignments due at the same exact time, I simply stagger their opening times to ensure that they appear in the appropriate order.