WeBWorK Main Forum

errors when archiving courses.

errors when archiving courses.

by Michael Gage -
Number of replies: 1
Has anyone else seen warning messages of this type when archiving courses?

Warning: Failed to dump table '10summer426_key' with command '2>&1 /usr/bin/mysqldump --defaults-file=/tmp/KmaP8Exre1 webwork 10summer426_key > /opt/webwork2/courses/10summer426/DATA/mysqldump/key.sql' (exit=2 signal=0 core=0): mysqldump: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user 'webworkWrite'@'localhost' (using password: YES) when trying to connect

There is also a bogus message stating "this can be expected if a database upgrade has occurred". That can't be the problem for the _key table which is not a new table in the database.

On another installation I previously had a similar error when I used --defaults-extra-file = .... , but changing to the --defaults-file option fixed that.

This error may be related to the version of mysqldump which is
Ver 10.11 Distrib 5.0.77, for redhat-linux-gnu (i686)
in this case. It's also probably related to the defaults-file which
contains the credentials for accessing mysql as user webworkWrite.

Thanks.

-- Mike

In reply to Michael Gage

Re: errors when archiving courses.

by Michael Gage -
the problem was found by Jeff Nichols working at U. of New Hampshire. The password for the mysql server had a shell character in it which causes troubles when it is printed out to the defaults file and then read back in for mysqldump.

This should be flagged as a bug in the archive procedure. The fix might be as easy as escaping the password in the file -- haven't looked at it yet.

-- Mike