WeBWorK Problems

Problem with jsMath?

Problem with jsMath?

by Danny Glin -
Number of replies: 5
Hi,
I wasn't sure whether to report this as a bug in the problem, since it's more an issue with jsMath.
Problems such as Library/Rochester/setLinearAlgebra1Systems/ur_la_1_22.pg use the \begin{array}{rrr|r} construction in LaTeX to create a vertical bar within a matrix. When fed to jsMath, this spits the error:
Unknown control sequence '\vbox'
Is there a way to get these bars to appear within jsMath?
In reply to Danny Glin

Re: Problem with jsMath?

by Davide Cervone -
JsMath does not do horizontal or vertical lines in matrices, though it should not produce an error -- it should silently ignore the line specifier in the array description. Perhaps there is a \vbox in the body of the array somewhere? Double-clicking the error message to see the original TeX source might help locate that.

Davide
In reply to Davide Cervone

by Danny Glin -
The code uses the display_matrix function. The call is:
display_matrix([[1, 0, $c[1]], [0, 1, -$c[2]]], align=>"rr|r")
This leads to the LaTeX code of
\vbox to 1.4\baselineskip {\cleaders\vrule width0.3pt\vfil}
for the vertical line.
Does anyone else see this behaviour for this particular problem file?
In reply to Davide Cervone

by Danny Glin -
So I just updated to the trunk version of webwork and pg, and I'm still getting this error message. Is this something that can be fixed in jsMath, or will the problems using this construction have to be changed?
Danny
In reply to Danny Glin

by Arnold Pizer -
Hi,

I just edited the trunk version of /opt/webwork/pg/macros/PGmatrixmacros.pl following suggestions of Davide Cervone.

Using this all problems in Rochester/setLinearAlgebra1Systems display nicely in jsMath and images mode.
In reply to Arnold Pizer

by Danny Glin -
Yup, everything looks good with the new version of PGmatrixmacros.pl.
Thanks!