WeBWorK Problems

full_partial_grader

full_partial_grader

by Stefania Tracogna -
Number of replies: 4

It seems the "full partial grader" in WeBWorK is not working. This
grader is supposed to allow a student to get full credit if they get the last answer
correct, without having to enter any previous answers. However, this is not happening, and the standard grader is being used instead.

An example of this is in the NPL:

/270/setIntegrals14Substitution/osu_in_14_3.pg

We updated webwork at the beginning of the summer so we probably do not have the latest version of PGgraders.pl

Thanks,

Stefania

In reply to Stefania Tracogna

Re: full_partial_grader

by Arnold Pizer -
Hi Stefania,

Thanks for the bug report. Internally the names of answers have changed from AnSwEr1, etc to AnSwEr0001, etc and this broke the "full partial grader".

I'll try to get this fixed shortly.

Arnie

by Arnold Pizer -
Hi Stefania,

If you have access to your server and have downloaded the "trunk" version with svn (formally called the head version when we were using cvs), then do the following:

cd /opt/webwork/pg/macros
svn update

That will get you the new version of PGgraders.pl.

That's all you have to do. You do not have to restart apache.

If you do not have access to your server, you can get the new version of PGgraders.pl and put it in your course's macros directory, e.g.
.../my_course/templates/macros/

Then the corrected version will be found before the buggy system version. One way to download the new version is to go to
http://webwork.maa.org/viewvc/system/trunk/pg/macros/PGgraders.pl?view=log

and download the latest version.

Arnie
In reply to Arnold Pizer

by Stefania Tracogna -
Hi Arnie,
I have not downloaded the "trunk" version with svn (we did an update right
before the switch to svn).
I followed your suggestion and downloaded PGgraders.pl through the link, but the grader is still not working.
Maybe it is because we do not have the "trunk" version?
(we are planning to do a full update during the winter break).

Stefania

by Arnold Pizer -
Hi Stefania,

I just made a minor change to make this independent of the form the answer label uses. You can try downloading the new version (rev 6440).

However, I doubt that would be the problem. One thing to check is to make sure that the webserver has permission to read the PGgraders.pl file you placed in the macros directory.

Can't think of anything else at this point.

Arnie