WeBWorK Main Forum

Guest login / gateway exam

Guest login / gateway exam

by Hal Sadofsky -
Number of replies: 2

We're trying to develop placement exams using Gavin's gateway module. We're still in early testing, but mostly it is working quite well.

However, we want to allow guest access (primarily so that high school students and teachers can be aware of our expectations in as real a way as possible).

The problem we are running into is that we have a limit on how frequently students can take the exams, and this is applying to guest logins as well. So if I do a guest login, I see a messy situation where some tests have already been taken, and therefore I can't take them myself.

I would like the appropriate users (practice1 to practice11 in our case) to somehow be restored to a pristine (or a more pristine) state on logout (or after some specific period of inactivity). (Probably the same period of inactivity that would require a new authentication anyhow.)

Anyone have any ideas how to accomplish this sensibly?

thanks, Hal
In reply to Hal Sadofsky

Re: Guest login / gateway exam

by Hal Sadofsky -

D'oh. I think I just figured this out. Sorry.
In reply to Hal Sadofsky

Re: Guest login / gateway exam

by Gavin LaRose -
Hi Hal,

In case it adds to what you figured it out, I've added the script that I use to clear out old anonymous tests to the Admin script section of the wiki, http://webwork.maa.org/wiki/Contributed_Admin_Scripts_%28Large_Installations%29 . I run it daily, and have it log how many users and tests were involved before deleting the tests.

Gavin