WeBWorK Main Forum

Error when editing problem sets

Error when editing problem sets

by Mark Hamrick -
Number of replies: 5
I have installed WebWork from the latest SVN on a RHEL 5 box. When I go to edit a problem set, I get the following error:

in Exception::Class::Base::throw called at line 811 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm
in WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Std::handle_error called at line 412 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm
in WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Std::_get_fields_where_prepex called at line 380 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm
in WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Std::get_fields_where called at line 887 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB.pm
in WeBWorK::DB::listLocations called at line 627 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Instructor/ProblemSetDetail.pm
in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Instructor::ProblemSetDetail::extraSetFields called at line 362 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Instructor/ProblemSetDetail.pm
in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Instructor::ProblemSetDetail::FieldTable called at line 1814 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Instructor/ProblemSetDetail.pm
in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Instructor::ProblemSetDetail::body called at line 152 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Template.pm
in WeBWorK::Template::template called at line 491 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::content called at line 195 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::go called at line 353 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK.pm

I noticed that in previous posts, it was suggested to run the wwdb_upgrade script, but this is a not an upgrade and the script is not in the bin directory.
In reply to Mark Hamrick

Re: Error when editing problem sets

by Michael Gage -
You should not need wwdb_upgrade -- the upgrade of courses can now be accomplished from the command line.

It seems like your stack trace is missing the actual exception that is thrown from Std.pm -- that will give some clue as to what is going wrong when WeBWorK tries to read out of the database.

If this is a pre-existing course then logging in on the admin course and
visiting the "upgrade course" tab will allow you to upgrade the database
for the course in question. That might resolve this problem -- particularly if the exception involves a missing field.

In reply to Michael Gage

by Mark Hamrick -
The weird thing is there is not an error or warning message, just a call trace. See the complete copy below.

WeBWorK error
An error occured while processing your request. For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster (root@localhost), including all of the following information as well as what what you were doing when the error occured.

Tue Dec 14 17:19:14 2010

Warning messages

Error messages

Call stack

The information below can help locate the source of the problem.

in Exception::Class::Base::throw called at line 811 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm
in WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Std::handle_error called at line 412 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm
in WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Std::_get_fields_where_prepex called at line 380 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm
in WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Std::get_fields_where called at line 887 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB.pm
in WeBWorK::DB::listLocations called at line 627 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Instructor/ProblemSetDetail.pm
in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Instructor::ProblemSetDetail::extraSetFields called at line 362 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Instructor/ProblemSetDetail.pm
in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Instructor::ProblemSetDetail::FieldTable called at line 1814 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Instructor/ProblemSetDetail.pm
in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Instructor::ProblemSetDetail::body called at line 152 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Template.pm
in WeBWorK::Template::template called at line 491 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::content called at line 195 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::go called at line 353 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK.pm
Request information

General Information
Method GET
URI /webwork2/Spring2011-Math1100-005-012/instructor/sets/2.2-3_2010/
HTTP Headers
Accept-Charset ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.3
User-Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Ubuntu/10.04 Chromium/8.0.552.215 Chrome/8.0.552.215 Safari/534.10
Accept application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5
Connection keep-alive
Referer https://tstcms.uncc.edu/webwork2/Spring2011-Math1100-005-012/instructor/sets/2.2-3_2010/users/
Accept-Encoding gzip,deflate,sdch
Cookie __utma=71266260.1936476824.1274359469.1277211536.1281019332.4
Accept-Language en-US,en;q=0.8
Host tstcms.uncc.edu
In reply to Mark Hamrick

by Mark Hamrick -
Mike,

It gets more interesting, when I ran updates the error goes away. It looks like the latest libapreq2 from Nogin maybe required to make it work.

I am functioning for the moment, back to testing. I have to get 4 VMs out.

Thanks,
Mark