WeBWorK Main Forum

Gateway exams remove expired attempts

Gateway exams remove expired attempts

by David Gilliam -
Number of replies: 2
I am hoping to use webwork gatewayquiz for online testing in several classes this semester. I have followed the instructions to setup a sample test which I then attempted several times to make sure it worked as expected.

Just as indicated in the online documentation, after each attempt a new entry appears in the Homework Sets list. I am hoping to find out how to remove these from the list. I see in the documentation that these entries will automatically appear but I do not see anyway to remove them. I attempted the test 5 times so there are 5 versions I want to remove.

I was hoping that I could practice with the tests before assigning them to students and then be able to remove the attempts to clean things up. If anyone has help along these lines or any additional information or advice about using gateway exams (perhaps via off-list exchange) I would appreciate the help.

David Gilliam

In reply to David Gilliam

Re: Gateway exams remove expired attempts

by Michael Gage -
I don't know how (or whether ) you can remove the
versions of the test individually. However I know you can remove
all of them at once by unassigning the gateway quiz to yourself
(you can get to this option from the classlist page, or the homework page or
the instructor page -- on the homework page click in the column indicating
how many people have been assigned to the gateway quiz and then choose the link to your login). Reassign the quiz to yourself and you start over again with a clean slate. Of course all of the data for that quiz will be lost. This is the work around I used when setting up quizzes -- it's not very flexible but hopefully it will solve your current problem.

-- Mike

In reply to Michael Gage

Re: Gateway exams remove expired attempts

by David Gilliam -
Michael

That worked great. Sorry I didn't think to try that myself.

Thanks

David Gilliam