Installation

Failed installing webwork on Redhat Enterprise

Failed installing webwork on Redhat Enterprise

by Chris Caldwell -
Number of replies: 3
I am using RedHat Enterprise Server 5.6, Apache 2.2.3 and Perl 5.8.8 with SELINUX=permissive (to avoid security issue for now).  Trying to follow "Installation Manual for 2.4 on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11."  The main spot I varied is I did not add the line

LoadModule apreq_module modules/mod_apreq2.so

because when I did 'apachectl configtest' complained it was already loaded.  However I do not see it on perl-status?inc

Cannot start Apache with webwork

> apachectl configtest

returns

webwork.apache2-config:  WeBWorK server is starting
    webwork.apache2-config:  WeBWorK root directory set to /opt/webwork/webwork2 in webwork2/conf/webwork.apache2-config
    webwork.apache2-config:  The following locations and urls are set in webwork2/conf/global.conf
    webwork.apache2-config:  PG root directory set to /opt/webwork/pg
    webwork.apache2-config:  WeBWorK server userID is apache
    webwork.apache2-config:  WeBWorK server groupID is apache
    webwork.apache2-config:  The webwork url on this site is http://stem.utm.edu/webwork2
    Syntax error on line 45 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/conf/webwork.apache2-config:
    Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/Apache2/PerlSections.pm line 189.\n
In reply to Chris Caldwell

Re: Failed installing webwork on Redhat Enterprise

by Gavin LaRose -
Hi Chris,

We're running on RHEL 5.5 w/o any problem. In our distribution the apreq2 module is loaded from /etc/httpd/conf.d/apreq.conf, which may be why you're seeing it as loaded already.

In our webwork.apache2-config looks as if line 45 is the Perl block opener. Could this be something to do with the mod_perl2 (or related) configuration or installation?

Gavin
In reply to Gavin LaRose

by Chris Caldwell -
That was my assumption too.  But so what?  For example, how can I use the perl-status page to diagnose the problem?
In reply to Chris Caldwell

by Gavin LaRose -
Hi Chris,

We just did a clean install on a new RHEL6 server, and WeBWorK came up cleanly. This is apache 2.2.15, perl 5.10.1 and mod_perl 2.0.4. What version of mod_perl do you have running? I am wondering if it's a problem with symlinks bug in version 2.0.2.

Gavin