Miscellaneous

Quiz setting

Quiz setting

by Carl Lienert -
Number of replies: 4
Is it possible to change the quiz settings so that printing a hard copy once the quiz has been completed is NOT an option?
In reply to Carl Lienert

Re: Quiz setting

by Jason Aubrey -
Hi Carl,

To clarify - are you referring specifically to gateway quizzes or would you like to do this for 'regular' webwork assignments?

In general, you can limit hardcopy generation to professor and above by changing the 'download_hardcopy_format_pdf' permission level from "guest" to "professor".

However, that will prevent students from ever downloading a hardcopy.

I'm curious why you want to prevent this? For example, if you just want to prevent them from downloading a hardcopy that contains the answers maybe some change to the various "...answers_after_due_date" and "...answers_after_answer_date" permissions will accomplish what you want.

Jason
In reply to Jason Aubrey

by Carl Lienert -
Hi Jason,

Yes, I'm setting up a gateway quiz. I'm hoping to use these for weekly quizzes.

I want to prevent downloading hard copies so that those students who take the quiz earlier in the day don't pass on hard copies of the quiz to others.

I want them however to be able to print hard copies of regular homework assignments.

Thanks,
Carl
In reply to Carl Lienert

by Gavin LaRose -
Hi Carl,

On the set edit page for a gateway/quiz assignment there are options to set "Show Scores on Finished Assignments" and "Show Student Work on Finished Tests." The second of these is probably what you want, as it allows you to set things so that the system doesn't show the student their quiz once it's been completed, and won't allow them to print a hardcopy.

Gavin