WeBWorK Main Forum

CAS Authentication Setup

CAS Authentication Setup

by Andrew Ruether -
Number of replies: 1
Hi,

I'm new to WeBWorK and looking forward to getting things set up for our Math Dept.  I have the system up and running, but I'd prefer to use CAS authentication because it is used widely on our campus.  I read over the authentication page in the wiki but I am still unclear as to how to configure our server to use CAS.  Could someone point me the right direction?

If I can figure this out and the information isn't written down anywhere, I'd be happy to edit the wiki with my findings.

Thanks for your help,

- Andrew
Swarthmore College
In reply to Andrew Ruether

Re: CAS Authentication Setup

by Jason Aubrey -
Hi Andrew,

Right now there is in fairly wide use an LDAP authentication module, and recently a shibboleth authentication module has been contributed but is yet in the main webwork code repository. (But you could probably use it if you want.) There's also one for "Cosign," but I think that may be specific to Michigan?

Unless you can use one of those protocols, you'll have to write your own authenication submodule. It shouldn't be too hard; maybe this would help:

http://search.cpan.org/~osalaun/AuthCAS-1.5/lib/AuthCAS.pm

Also, if you've got your CAS system already hooked up for Moodle (or, soon, Blackboard) you could use that as a frontend for WeBWorK and have it do the authentication.

Jason