WeBWorK Main Forum

Start Page for WebWork user

Start Page for WebWork user

by David Royster -
Number of replies: 3
In every course I have done before, the user standardly logs in to the Homework Sets page.  I am managing 3 courses and on two of the courses this is true.  On the third course when I login I usually get sent to the File Manager page. All three run on the same server and I did not make any changes to the config files.

Any ideas as to why this would be happening?  Not a major problem, but just enough of one to make me wonder why and want to get it fixed.

droyster
In reply to David Royster

Re: Start Page for WebWork user

by Michael Gage -
This is unusual behavior.  Is this course on the MAA server? if so which course? if not is there anyway that we can check this out ourselves.  At the moment I have no clue as to why this would happen.

Mike

P.S. could there be a cached url in your browser?
In reply to David Royster

by Davide Cervone -
Are you typing a URL into the broswer, following a link, or using a bookmark?

If the former, some browsers will autocomplete to a longer URL that might include the file manager address. I've had that happen for me.

If the second or third, check the URL of the address and see of they are to the login page, or if they include other parameters. If they include a question mark and a bunch of data, try removing that. The URL should end after the course name.

Otherwise, I'm also stumped about what could be the cause.

Davide
In reply to Davide Cervone

by David Royster -

David,

I believe that you have hit it on the head.  I use a password manager that syncs in the cloud.  I went back to that password manager and in the url I can see that it will open on the File Manager page.  I cleaned up the URL and it is behaving normally.

Thanks for pointing me towards culprit.

droyster