WeBWorK Main Forum

Mixing regular text and Latex sometimes doesn't display correctly...at least in PGML

Mixing regular text and Latex sometimes doesn't display correctly...at least in PGML

by Christian Seberino -
Number of replies: 2
If you sprinkle some LaTex in your question text, when the question displays,
the LaTex sometimes overlaps the other text as if Webwork isn't giving
it enough horizontal space.
For example...

BEGIN_PGML
Create a function called sqrt_plus_four with one parameter
that returns the four more than the square root of the passed value.
So for the value 5, the returned result should be [`\sqrt{5} + 4`].
Use the sqrt method in the math module.

....etc.

At least in Firefox the LaTex piece overlaps the word that comes after
on Ubuntu Linux.

In reply to Christian Seberino

Re: Mixing regular text and Latex sometimes doesn't display correctly...at least in PGML

by Davide Cervone -
What display mode are you using? I assume it is MathJax. What version of MathJax do you have, and which renderer are you using? You can tell the version by using the MathJax contextual menu (right click on any typeset expression) and choose "About mathJax". You can tell what renderer you are using by using the MathJax menu and selecting Math Settings -> Math Renderer to see which one is checked.

If you are not using MathJax version 2.1, you should, as there are some bug fixes for this kind of problem in that version. If you update your version, be sure to clear your browser cache, and restart the browser, otherwise you may get portions of the older version of MathJax from the cache.

Davide
In reply to Davide Cervone

Re: Mixing regular text and Latex sometimes doesn't display correctly...at least in PGML

by Christian Seberino -
I am using a pre-ver 2.1 version of MathJax.  I will upgrade.  Hopefully that will fix the problem.

Thanks.

cs