Installation

WeBWorK 2.7 course upgrade fail

WeBWorK 2.7 course upgrade fail

by Gavin LaRose -
Number of replies: 3
Hi all,

I'm updating our production server to WeBWorK 2.7, and the database update to upgrade courses fails. The error is the following.

Gavin

DBD::mysql::db do failed: BLOB/TEXT column 'set_id' used in key specification without a key length
    WeBWorK::Utils::CourseIntegrityCheck
    /var/www/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Utils/CourseIntegrityCheck.pm
    WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Std::add_column_field

UUUUUUUUUUUUU

WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::CourseAdmin
    /var/www/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/CourseAdmin.pm
    WeBWorK::Utils::CourseIntegrityCheck::updateTableFields

UUUUUUUUUUUUU

WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::CourseAdmin
    /var/www/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/CourseAdmin.pm
    WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::CourseAdmin::do_upgrade_course

UUUUUUUUUUUUU

Call stack

The information below can help locate the source of the problem.
    in WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Std::handle_error called at line 315 of /var/www/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/DB/Schema/NewSQL/Std.pm
    in WeBWorK::DB::Schema::NewSQL::Std::add_column_field called at line 278 of /var/www/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Utils/CourseIntegrityCheck.pm
    in WeBWorK::Utils::CourseIntegrityCheck::updateTableFields called at line 2357 of /var/www/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/CourseAdmin.pm
    in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::CourseAdmin::do_upgrade_course called at line 451 of /var/www/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/CourseAdmin.pm
    in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::CourseAdmin::body called at line 152 of /var/www/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Template.pm
    in WeBWorK::Template::template called at line 509 of /var/www/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
    in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::content called at line 376 of /var/www/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/CourseAdmin.pm
    in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::CourseAdmin::content called at line 200 of /var/www/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
    in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::go called at line 370 of /var/www/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK.pm
In reply to Gavin LaRose

Re: WeBWorK 2.7 course upgrade fail

by Gavin LaRose -

Follow-up:
The problem appears to be with the admin course. Other courses (knock-on-wood) upgrade with more sensible errors. My first guess is that the error appears for very old courses.

Possible upgrade feature requests: (1) dealing with this more gracefully, and (2) having a more friendly way of selecting lots of courses for upgrade. I have almost 500 courses on my production server, which makes clicking through the upgrade list to avoid the courses that throw errors on upgrade a bit of a pain. Arguably we shouldn't have all of these running, but we do.

Gavin

In reply to Gavin LaRose

by Arnold Pizer -
In reply to Arnold Pizer

by Gavin LaRose -
Hi Arnie,

Thanks. My first guess is that it is different; I saw a similar error to that in the bug when first logging in to the admin course, which did go away. The error on trying to upgrade the admin course is, however, persistent.

Gavin