WeBWorK Main Forum

Reduced Credit on by default in 2.7?

Reduced Credit on by default in 2.7?

by Nandor Sieben -
Number of replies: 4
It looks like Reduced Credit is enabled by default in version 2.7. Is it possible to change the default to disabled?

In reply to Nandor Sieben

Re: Reduced Credit on by default in 2.7?

by Arnold Pizer -
Hi Nandor,

I certainly don't see that.  Also there is no option for turning on Reduced Credit by default.  Even if Reduced Credit is enabled, it will not function (and there will be no messages) if the Length of Reduced Credit Period is 0 which is the default in course configuration.

So I'm totally baffled as to what you are seeing.

Arnie
In reply to Arnold Pizer

by Nandor Sieben -
I create a brand new set in the library browser. Then I go into Hmwk Sets Editor2, click on the pencil next to this new set to edit the due dates, and both the visible and the enable reduced credit boxes are checked by default. 

I am using:
WeBWorK © 1996-2013 | theme: math3 | ww_version: 2.7 | pg_version: 2.7| The WeBWorK Project

Perhaps it has to do with the theme?
In reply to Nandor Sieben

by Arnold Pizer -
OK, I see what you are talking about.  I think you have found a bug.  I'm pretty sure that both the visible and reduced credit boxes in the short display you get when clicking on the pencil are always displayed as checked regardless of what the actual status is.

If you click on the set name in order to edit all the data, you will see what I'm pretty sure is the actual status and you will see that reduced credit is not enabled.  If for example, you change Visible to Students to No, and then look at what the pencil display gives, you will see the Visible box is still checked.

Arnie