Installation

Missing link to file with error in it

Missing link to file with error in it

by Robin Cruz -
Number of replies: 0

Hi,

When a hardcopy is requested and there is an error in a problem, I used to get a link to the problem needing fixing. In 2.7, the link sometimes appears, but often it does not. (I'm going thru problem sets I wrote last year and fixing some formatting issues.) A copy of an error message I've gotten when requesting a hardcopy which has an error is at the end of this note. I can usually narrow down the set of problems where the error might be from the snippet of code it provides, but it would be a lot easier if a link to the offending problem were provided.

Thanks --rac

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 errors occured while generating hardcopy:

• Failed to convert TeX to PDF with command 'cd /var/www/wwtmp/MAT150_01_F13/hardcopy/work.CrGwyrf3 && /usr/bin/pdflatex --shell-escape >pdflatex.stdout 2>pdflatex.stderr hardcopy' (exit=1 signal=0 core=0).
  • First error in TeX log is:
    ! LaTeX Error: \begin{multicols} on input line 78 ended by \end{center}. See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation. Type H <return> for immediate help. ... l.224 \end{center} Your command was ignored. Type I <command> <return> to replace it with another command, or <return> to continue without it. Overfull \vbox (554.57733pt too high) has occurred while \output is active [] [1{/var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map}] Underfull \hbox (badness 10000) in paragraph at lines 369--371 []