WeBWorK Main Forum

Hmwk Sets Editor2 Problem

Hmwk Sets Editor2 Problem

by Steven McKay -
Number of replies: 0
Hi,
We recently did a major upgrade of our moodle and webwork system. It is in production now, and for the most part, things are going well. We are in Moodle 2.3.8 and Webwork 2.7.  However, in Hmwk Sets Editor2 (which I assume came by default) there are some annoyances that I hope you can help me with.

When I assign due dates for sets I usually go through and copy the same date format to all the due dates.  That is because I have the sets all close at the same time.  Then I edit them individually for dates.

In the new system, however, each time I click a box to edit a due date, I get a drop down calendar.  That is actually a nice idea, but is unusable in our current setup.  First, the calendar always displays EDT, even though we are in MDT, and the system's clock is set correctly.  This basically makes the calendar useless, imo.  I don't know if this is a bug, or if there is still something in our setup that is incorrect.  I hope someone who knows about this feature can help.

Second, if I try to ignore the drop down box and edit the dates by hand, three problems occur.  If I edit the dates, then sometimes when I move to the next box, it will populate the date from the drop down calendar, not from what I entered.  Second, it will change the answer date, that I always have set to the end of the semester.  Third, cut and paste will not work, when the drop down box is in position.

Is there a way to turn the drop down box off?  That would be the easiest fix.  If not, is there a way to fix the problems I am having?

Thanks for any advice and help you can give,
Steven McKay