Installation

Changed Time Zone Now Lots of Errors

Changed Time Zone Now Lots of Errors

by Jim Fischer -
Number of replies: 2
Our ITS did a nice job installing WW but forgot to set our Timezone in WW 2.7. Shouldnt we be able to change the timezone in say site.conf without causing errors? They changed the timezone from EDT to PDT but now all of the courses and all homework sets have lots of red error lines. I think the problems still work, but the errors look terrible. Is there an easy fix for this?

Thanks

Jim

Here is one I get when I open a course:

WeBWorK Warnings

WeBWorK has encountered warnings while processing your request. If this occured when viewing a problem, it was likely caused by an error or ambiguity in that problem. Otherwise, it may indicate a problem with the WeBWorK system itself. If you are a student, report these warnings to your professor to have them corrected. If you are a professor, please consult the warning output below for more information.

Warning messages

• Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Utils.pm line 608.
  • Use of uninitialized value in join or string at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Utils.pm line 608.
  • not defined formatDateTime('1381129140', '') WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::ProblemSets /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/ProblemSets.pm 269 WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::ProblemSets::setListRow 1 1 1794 UUUUUUUUUUUUUUU at /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Utils.pm line 608.

Request information

In reply to Jim Fischer

Re: Changed Time Zone Now Lots of Errors

by John Jones -
You can set the time zone in site.conf.  Maybe they picked an invalid time zone?  I think you want 

$siteDefaults{timezone} = "America/Los_Angeles";

for pacific time.

John

In reply to John Jones

Re: Changed Time Zone Now Lots of Errors

by Jim Fischer -
Hi John,

You are exactly right. They fixed the problem before I even posted this. They had used an invalid time zone. All is working nicely.

Thanks

Jim