WeBWorK Problems

Dartmouthmacros.pl

Dartmouthmacros.pl

by Darwyn Cook -
Number of replies: 3

Many of the problems from the Dartmouth library give us a "No display module found for path" error. All of the problems generating errors include the Dartmouthmacros.pl file (and those problems that are working do not). I did a directory search on our server using find and it could not find this file. So
1) Can I download this file?
2) Where should it be installed?

PS We run version 2.3.3 installated through CVS.

In reply to Darwyn Cook

Re: Dartmouthmacros.pl

by Michael Gage -
There is a section of global.conf where you can specify additional
locations to search for macro files. Chances are the Danforth.pl file is in your .../dartmouth_problib/Stewart directory (as we have it below) but it can also be found in .../ProblemLibrary/Dartmouth(or perhaps you call it .../database_problib/Dartmouth. In any case add the full path to the directory containing the macro file
to the library below.

If you are careful you can also enable those macro files on a
course by course basis using the course.conf files, but it is probably not worth the effort.

Section from global.conf
 #
# The macro file search path. Each directory in this list is seached
# (in this order) by loadMacros() when it looks for a .pl file.
#
$pg{directories}{macrosPath} = [
".", # search the problem file's directory
$courseDirs{macros},
$pg{directories}{macros},
'/ww/webwork/union_problib/macros',
'/ww/webwork/union_problib/parserOrientation',
'/ww/webwork/nau_problib/macros',
'/ww/webwork/dartmouth_problib/Stewart',
'/ww/webwork/dcds_problib/macros',
];
In reply to Michael Gage

by Darwyn Cook -
That did the trick, thanks Mike! For posterity the macros I found were in /opt/webwork/libraries/database_problems/macros. This folder contained three subfolders, Dartmouth, Union, and NAU, each of which I added to the global.conf file. In our version, the lines I edited where around line 805. I also improved my search skills in the process ^-).
In reply to Darwyn Cook

by Dennis Keeler -
Thanks. I had the same issue. I would suggest these lines become a part of the standard global.conf. I'm guessing the problem doesn't show up for those who load both the File Problems and Database Problems. I'm trying to stick to just Database.

I suppose I had this problem before, but just ignored the errors since there were plenty of Calc I and II problems. Now that I'm doing Calc III for the first time and Union seems to have the biggest collection, I needed this fix.