WeBWorK Problems

GeoGebra app trouble

GeoGebra app trouble

by Alex Jordan -
Number of replies: 2
I have created a GeoGebra web app that works great in its .html form. I did this using my desktop installation of GeoGebra, version 4.2.60.0.

When I follow the procedure that Mike has published here:
http://geogebraithaca.wikispaces.com/file/view/z10_os1-1-2.pdf,
the applet just hangs. The "GeoGebra is loading" animated image is all I see and I've given it up to 5 minutes to load.

I followed this procedure with a less complicated app, and it worked! So I am wondering if my app has complications that are only available in my up-to-date desktop version, and something about Mike's procedure is not compatible with this. I have tried changing the codebase key to:
which is what I see in my .html version of the app. Doing this causes the WeBWorK problem to skip even trying to load the app. There is no error message---I just see the rest of the .pg problem with the GeoGebra app skipped over.

I poked around and I see in webwork2/htdocs/applets/geogebra_stable/ there is a geogebra.jar that is apparently from version 3.2.46.0. Will upgrading this to an up-to-date geogebra.jar solve my problem? Is there more in this folder I should upgrade? Do I also need to set the codebase key to something special I haven't hit upon?

In case it helps, I am attaching the .html for the app. It is part of a larger lab to compute the Rainbow angle.

Update: I tried removing the text boxes from my app, re-exporting it, and then bringing it into WeBWorK, and that worked. So there is something about these text boxes that is too new and incompatible. Unfortunately, I kind of need those text boxes because they are a workaround for displaying negative angles, which GeoGebra will not do easily. So I am still interested in any suggestions.
In reply to Alex Jordan

Re: GeoGebra app trouble

by Alex Jordan -
After more experimentation, the only element that was causing the whole problem was a GeoGebra text box that had mixed static and dynamic content. When I removed the static content, the whole thing ended up working. (I added a separate text box for the static bit and just put it adjacent to the dynamic text box.)

If anyone encounters a similar issue, hope this helps.

Also, throughout all of this, GeoGebra's algebra panel on the left is visible in the WeBWorK problem. This is despite have exported the applet with the panel closed. And it's despite the fact that the panel is not present in the .html version of the applet. So I'm still curious if I should do something to enable a more recent codebase. Since the 4.2 codebase is used in the .html applet and the algebra window is gone, I wonder if this is where the problem is.
In reply to Alex Jordan

Re: GeoGebra app trouble

by Andrew Bayliss -
I had a really hard time with this, but finally got it to work after updating to PG 2.8.1.  Then I changed the following from 

"$applet = JavaApplet( 
      code => "geogebra.GeoGebraApplet", 
      archive => "geogebra.jar","

to 

"$applet = GeogebraWebApplet
       code => "geogebra.GeoGebraApplet", 
       archive => "geogebra.jar", "