WeBWorK Main Forum

Attempts to browse problem libraries produce errors

Attempts to browse problem libraries produce errors

by Alasdair McAndrew -
Number of replies: 2
I have just installed WeBWorK on my Ubuntu 14.04 machine using the webwork_install.sh script. It seemed to do a fine job, and presented me with a webwork admin page running of localhost. My trouble is that whenever I attempt to view problem sets from the libraries, I have this error:

WeBWorK error

An error occured while processing your request. For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster (webmaster@localhost), including all of the following information as well as what what you were doing when the error occured.

Thu Jul 03 12:32:22 2014

Warning messages

Error messages

Undefined subroutine &WeBWorK::PG::Translator::fileFromPath called at /opt/webwork/pg/lib/WeBWorK/PG/Translator.pm line 543.

Call stack

The information below can help locate the source of the problem.

• in WeBWorK::PG::Local::new called at line 50 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/PG.pm
  • in WeBWorK::PG::new called at line 312 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Utils/Tasks.pm
  • in WeBWorK::Utils::Tasks::renderProblems called at line 1590 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator/Instructor/SetMaker.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::Instructor::SetMaker::body called at line 155 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/Template.pm
  • in WeBWorK::Template::template called at line 530 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::content called at line 202 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK/ContentGenerator.pm
  • in WeBWorK::ContentGenerator::go called at line 380 of /opt/webwork/webwork2/lib/WeBWorK.pm

Does anybody know what's going on - and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Alasdair
In reply to Alasdair McAndrew

Re: Attempts to browse problem libraries produce errors

by Davide Cervone -
Please see the discussion in the Installation forum concerning the same problem. We are still trying to figure it out.
In reply to Davide Cervone

Re: Attempts to browse problem libraries produce errors

by Alasdair McAndrew -
It seems to have sorted it self out with a reboot. There is one issue though: under firefox, the directory browser which opens when I attempt to browse the OPL directories consists of a window which is wider than the browser window. This means that unless I make the browser window a lot narrower than the screen, the right hand scroll bar is out of reach. Is there some way of narrowing this directory browser?

Thanks!