WeBWorK Main Forum

Changing Account Privileges

Changing Account Privileges

by Charysse Redwood -
Number of replies: 1
Hello,

I browsed the forum for the answer to this question and I didn't see it; apologies if I've missed it.

I currently have admin access but am unable to log in to classes for which I'm not manually added to. When WeBWorK was first installed, a handful of my colleagues were given some level of admin rights with which they can access courses freely, but they don't seem to have the ability to give me this privileged.

The IT department which maintains the server said that they cannot help with this problem; they are supposedly only able to give root access, and that one of the admins on our end has to do it.

Ideas on how can we make this change?

Thanks a lot,
Charysse
In reply to Charysse Redwood

Re: Changing Account Privileges

by Arnold Pizer -
Hi Charysse,

First of all, if you are a prof in the admin course, you will by default be added as a prof to any new course that is created (unless whoever creates the course unchecks that option).  Of course, a prof in that course can remove you.

If a course has already exists, your only options are (1) to have a current prof in the course add you or (2) if you have access to the server, look at http://webwork.maa.org/wiki/WeBWorK_shell_-_wwsh

Hope this helps.

Arnie